Contact Center Lessons on Leadership
Call Center Team Leaders are often required to make the transition from experienced agent to leader, seemingly overnight. However, the foundations of good leadership require a shift in mindset and the skills required are many and varied. Below, you will find intuitive contact center leadership lessons we’ve uncovered during our 30+ years working with top companies.
Call Center Leadership Lessons
By providing team leaders effective lessons in leadership will benefit a contact center in many ways, such as:
- Trained and skilled Team Leaders create success in the contact center, having a pivotal role in connecting with the agents and therefore your customers
- Effective leaders build confidence and become better doers and problem solvers, contributing to shaping high performing teams that increase productivity
- Leaders’ ability to demonstrate the correct values creates a more productive work atmosphere, even under pressure, and a more positive contact center culture
- Adept at engaging with others, effective leaders can support team performance day-to-day with a focus on productivity, team morale, and wellbeing
- Increased satisfaction with job performance and their lives, in general, creates leaders who are better able to manage the pressures of responsibility as customer and agent facing interactions
What Drives Great Team Leadership?
- Understanding of LEADING versus MANAGING
- Recognizing each role on the team, and their INFLUENCE on team PERFORMANCE
- Encouraging a GREAT team CULTURE that delivers EXCELLENCE
- Being SELF-AWARE of your ROLE as a leader
- Considering others’ PERSPECTIVES and communication PREFERENCES