How to handle an irate customer in a call center?
5 Proven Steps to Handle an Irate Customer
There’s no way of telling what type of customer you are going to be dealing with on the next email, web chat, or phone call
5 Steps to handle upset customers:
- Listen without interrupting
- Remain calm & uphold professional standards
- Show empathy and reassure the customer that you recognize their concern
- Avoid putting the customer on hold
- Have resolutions for the customer, even if it means that you transfer the call to the supervisor
Just because a customer is irate at the beginning of a call doesn’t mean that the same customer isn’t a raving fan by the end of the call. Invest in providing agents with the skills and resolutions to make every customer connection a great experience.
Learn more by reading How to deal with an angry customer article by our Call Center CX experts.